Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions Version: 2018
1. Payment Registration
1.1 Gymnastic Academy Programs: Enrolling online in a gymnastic academy program secures a booking for one term of gymnastic training. Irrespective of attendance, payment is on a per term basis and is expected at start of term training. Parents/caregivers and children are responsible for program attendance. We suggest that children who are uncertain if they want to participate in the full term to first try out a casual mid-term session before committing to the full term participation. This can be dome by contacting Marie on 0211705426 and booking a casual session.
1.2 Program Length: Programs may vary depending on location and school events taking place. If there is a clash with school to normal training time, coach will text the parent session cancellation with make up session information. Please note with special rate sessions 7 sessions are guaranteed so if there is a clash with a school event or activity then and make up session may not be provided.
1.3 Late payment: If payment and registration has not been made within 48 hours of the session the child may not be on our coach register and refused participation.
1.4 Late pick-ups: Late pick-ups for after school classes will incur a late pick-up fee of $15 per 15 minutes or part thereof.
1.5 Discontinued sessions: The gymnastics academy reserves the right to discontinue any child for reasons including but not limited to inappropriate behavior and non-payment of fees.
1.6 Indemnity: The parent/caregiver agrees to indemnify Gymnastic Academy programs against all costs, whether commissions, legal fees or otherwise, incurred by gymnastic academy relating to the recovery of any monies, goods or services that may be outstanding from time to time pursuant to the terms of this agreement.
1.7 Program Policies and Procedures: By booking your child into the gymnastic academy, you are agreeing to all terms and conditions set out in the gymnastic academy Policies and Procedures Manual which is available at programs venues.
2.1 Gymnastic academy missed sessions: No refund will be given where session is missed or for early withdrawal from sessions during the term.
2.2 Cancelled sessions: If a session is cancelled and a catch up session is not available, that equivalent fee will be carried forward and credited to the next term. Please note with special rate sessions make up sessions or credits may not be provided as we only guarantee 7 sessions per term instead of the 9 week full term programme.
3. Health & Safety
3.1 Medical Information: In the interests of the child’s well-being whilst in the care of Gymnastic academy must be informed of any medical or other condition affecting the child.
3.2 Gymnastic academy is not responsible for children outside the agreed program time or for a child making their way to and from a program venue.
3.3 Training safety: Be on time for class, as warm up is an important part of keeping and staying safe. No playing on equipment until class begins at coach’s instruction. Children must follow coach instruction for their own safety. Please wear appropriate attire. No jewellery that may catch and cause injury, exceptions: medical ID tags/bracelets. Hair should be tied back away from their face. No valuable items should be brought to the gym. Gymnastic academy cannot be responsible for lost or stolen items. Students may not leave class without permission from their coach/instructor. This includes trips to bathroom and water fountain. No jumping off equipment onto floor, walk or climb carefully. Dismount onto landing mats only. Spotting gymnastic skills to be done by coaches only. Gymnasts are expected to be respectful and show good manners in the gym. No fighting of any kind will be tolerated. Report any sickness or injury to coach. Lift equipment properly. Enthusiasm and motivation when appropriately channelled can lead to the acquisition of new skills, however, no skill should be attempted without permission and/or safety spotting from academy coach. We ask that each child has a basic understanding of English language in order to keep safety for your child and other students. The gymnastic academy reserves the right to remove children from the class failing to act in a safe manner.
3.4 Sport injury and illness: Advice coach if you are feeling ill or have symptoms of illness. Please advise coach is your child is on medication. Children on medication which may affect their co-ordination skills should not be allowed to attend classes. Report and injury, unusual pain or discomfort felt during participation to your coach immediately. Injured students are expected to gain an assessment of injury from a sports doctor.
3.5 health & safety emergencies: In an emergency situation where your child needs medical attention, staff will ensure that every effort possible is made to get hold of the parents/caregivers/emergency contacts. If contact is unsuccessful, I authorize any person (acting through the contract coaches of gymnastic academy) in the event of any accident or illness to my child, to take such steps as may be necessary for the proper treatment and care of my child.
4. Privacy and copyright:
4.1 Advertising: Gymnastic academy will occasionally video/photograph sessions and may use video footage or pictures for promotional or training purposes. You agree to your child’s image/s being used, unless written notification to the contrary is provided at enrolment.
4.2 Personal details: Gymnastic academy will not share your details with any third party without your written consent except in the case of 1.6 and 1.7 above and for program.
4.3 Copyright: Children/Parents/Caregivers undertake not to make copies of any gymnastic academy material, and/or use our intellectual property rights and content unless authorized to do so by Gymnastic Academy Director in writing.
5.1 I consent to my child participating in/attending gymnastic academy program.
5.2 Gymnastic academy takes no responsibility for any loss or damage to children’s property while in our programs.
1.1 This is a guideline and maybe subject to change
1.2 Schools occasionally have things on that clash with our sessions & prevent hall use, in the event of this happening parents will be notified and make up classes arranged.
2.1 You will need to Book your Childs place through this website www.thegymnasticacademy.com
2.2 It is common for children to be nervous for their first class, we allow the child to spectate until they feel comfortable participating. Don’t be discouraged by their slow start once they get into the swing of things the nerves soon disappear. You know what will work best for your child, some prefer to stay and hold their hand while others find it best to walk out the door and leave them to participate. We welcome both with the goal being to get your child enjoying the class and joining in.
3.1 All children work towards grading certificates starting from introduction up to excel level. They receive their certificates at the end of term for the grade they have achieved.
3.2 There are 6 certificates to pass before moving onto the medal awards.
3.3 We keep a record of your child’s grade so if they take a term off and return we know where they are at.
4.1 Most children wear school sport gear i.e. bike shorts/leggings & T shirt or sport top but if they prefer to wear leotard this is also perfect for gymnastic class with bare feet, no shoes and hair tied off face.
5.1 The gymnastics Academy has a trailer of equipment that it takes to schools so that children can experience ALL movements. This includes:
- 10 metre Inflatable tumble track
6.1 Each session a medal is rewarded to gymnast of the day, which they get to keep until the next session. Sometimes medals go missing or get damaged. If this occurs we asked that a fee of $10 be made to contribute to replacing.
7.1 Your child's teacher would appreciate it if you reminded them of your child's lunchtime gymnastics class.
7.2 We cannot remind all students of their lunchtime class and at times they can forget. Please ensure on gymnastic day that you remind your child to attend their session. We cannot take responsibility for missed classes but will endeavor to do our best.
8.1 Near the end of term children have the opportunity to participate in our events which are for all levels from introduction grade through to excel. This allows them to perform the skills they have been working on through out the term in a fun competition format.
8.2 All children receive participation certificates and the top 3 scoring gymnasts in each age/grade receive a medal. Children can strive to reach a new grade or higher scores as they progress throughout the year.
9.1 We do not offer free have a go sessions for those wishing to trial.
9.2 Our fee for a casual session is $20 and you will need to book a casual session online and call Marie on 0211705426 to check for available space before booking.
9.3 We only do casual sessions mid term (no earlier than week 3 of training) if there is availability in the class.
10.1 Queries/concerns need to be made to the relevant person who is responsible for that activity. In the first instance, please communicate to the coach in charge of the session; if you feel uncomfortable doing so then you can contact the Director Marie on 0211705426. If you have concerns of any description, please ensure these are reported in a timely manner. As a general rule, a complaint must be made within 5 days of the event occurring.
10.2 Serious complaints need to be made in writing and directed to Marie at email@example.com If you have any further questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
We are aware of the ‘potential danger’ of our sport and we make every effort to achieve and maintain a safe environment for our members.
11.1 Please be aware of the following training rules which students are expected to obey:
- Please be on time for class, as warm up is an important part of keeping and staying safe.
- No playing on equipment until the class begins.
- Parents are responsible for children before and after scheduled class time.
- Please wear appropriate attire - Leggings and a sport T or Leotard for girls and shorts and sport T for boys.
- No Jewelry, exceptions: medical ID tags/bracelets.
- No valuable items should be brought to the gym. We cannot be responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Before crossing any dismount mat, tumbling strip, the floor exercise mat or any other apparatus mat, look all around for other gymnasts. Don't cross until the way is clear. Always yield to gymnasts in the middle of doing skills.
- Students may not leave their class without permission from their instructor. This includes trips to the bathroom, water fountain or locker room.
- No jumping off any of the trampoline apparatus onto the floor. Walk or climb off the equipment carefully.
- Check for proper matting before using any equipment. Check equipment, matting, and apparatus before use.
- Never dismount off apparatus onto anything but landing mats or crash pads
- Crash pads, landing mats and pits increase safety, but will not totally protect anyone from injury.
- Never dive head first or land on your head or neck on crash pads or landing mats. No mat can totally prevent serious injury to your head or neck, so avoid landing on them.
- Spotting is to be done by coaches only. No student or parent spotting of gymnasts.
- Gymnasts are not allowed to leave the building for any reason except with a parent or approved guardian.
- Gymnasts are expected to stay with their class and instructor throughout the class period.
- No one is allowed to interfere with the progress of another gymnast or class.
- Gymnasts are expected to be respectful, polite and show good manners at all times in the gym.
- No fighting of any kind.
- Gymnasts should have their hair tied back away from their face.
- Children must follow the instructions of the coach for their own safety.
- Enthusiasm and motivation when appropriately channeled can lead to the acquisition of new skills, however, no skill should ever be attempted without permission and/or safety spotting from a certified academy coach.
- Basic skills, especially strength and flexibility, are the foundation for excellence in the sport of gymnastics. Follow the correct progressions in learning new gymnastics skills. Ask your coach for guidance.
- The gymnastics academy reserves the right to remove children from class failing to act in a safe manner.
- No one other than currently registered and enrolled gymnasts are allowed in the gymnastics area or on the equipment.
- We ask that each child has a basic understanding of English language in order to keep safety for your child and other students.
- Gymnasts are expected to be picked up within 15 minutes of the end of their scheduled class. Repeated lateness without instructor or gym notification and agreement will result in extra charges